August 28, 2012

INDIAN BATIK COUTURE

          I was opening Evita Nuh's blog many days ago and was inspired to make some indian stuff. I wanted to make one for my own. Since I had no indian goods to wear, I just drew it into a design. Hahaha... I like to draw every time ever since I was a kid and even I asked my teacher to score. That is just an intermezzo. Let's take a look at the dress!


          The first picture is put into the bottom part of the look. It resembles the long and thick tassel or macrame handmade covering the legs. The second, third and fourth pictures are the combination of batik named Batik Tiga Negeri (literally translated as Three Countries Batik). This batik is called by Batik Tiga Negeri because of the making. During the Dutch colonial period, every country or city is a separated 'country' so that it has its own authority.  In that time, the making of this batik is started from one country then to another one gradually to complete the process phase. There's also an opinion that the naming is given based on the fabric color: red (affected by chinese culture), blue/indigo (affected by dutch culture), and brown/soga (javanese culture). For the example, Batik Tiga Negeri from Lasem. Motif depiction process using hot wax and red color dyeing are done firstly in Lasem. After the red application done, the fabric is carried to Pekalongan (another 'country') to be given the second color: blue/indigo. Then, the two colored fabric is carried to the third 'country': Solo/Yogyakarta (Jogja). After the complete coloring, the fabric is carried to the origin, Lasem, to be given the last process. The motif of Batik Tiga Negeri generally portrays not only beauty but also symbolic meaning. At the present, Batik Tiga Negeri coloring process has not been done on those three different places but merely in Lasem where Lasem's batik maker have been able to dye the three colors. That is the wealth of Indonesia's textiles reflecting to the culture diversity and the only tradition. The Tiga Negeri fabric is the real depiction of the beauty of diversity and differences fusing in harmony in a fabric as we can imagine in our real life.

           This is my style of indian hat. I change the feather with something printed in batik parang so that the traditional nuance of Indonesia is appeared. The brown thing behind the hat is braided hair rolled to upside the hat. Pinky color is very fresh and very alluring to polish the face. P.S.: If you want to look over the whole dress clearly, just click right on the picture.

39 comments:

Cailin´s Place said...

Thanks for your comment!of course we can follow each other!im following u now, hope u follow me back!;D
Kisses!

Giusy Manzella said...

thx for comment! yes follow each other! I'm following you now. Follow me back soon dear!

NEW OUTFIT
http://www.cheapandglamour.com/2012/08/oriental-outfit-with-my-dayplanners.html

Helena Resende said...

Cool! :) Sure I follow you back! :)

SJ said...

wow looks great!!!

http://styledestino.blogspot.com/

City Girl said...

it's awesome!! you're so talented!
we can follow each other! following you now..thanks also for your lovely comments in my blog!!
http://citygirltoday.blogspot.com

Danny said...

I loved the draw, beautiful colors!
Thank you for your comment, I would love to follow each other! following now, waiting for you to follow me back :)

Fabrizia said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog dear, if you want we can follow each other?
Come back soon to visit my blog: Cosa mi metto???
Win an amazing Tuscany Leather bag!!!

Always Maylee said...

Amazing illustration! Thanks for stopping by, of course I'd love to follow each other! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Sophie said...

Loving th inspirational drawings and the title of this blog ha :) Sophie x

Http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

Bravoe Runway said...

These are gorgeous illustrations. Thank you for visiting my blog, I just followed you and hope to see you back soon.

Girl With A Pearl Earring said...

Wow this is such a gorgeous, bold design. I could never draw anything close. Following. :)

Emilia Nita said...

Hi,youhave a great blog!<3 I'm following you now,hope you do the same and thank you so much for your comment!xoxo
http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

Georgi said...

wow this is beautiful, wonderful blog :)

Georgi at 7wonders xx

hope to see u at my newest post www.7wondersblog.net

Kinga Ovari said...

thanks for your sweet comment, I like your blog as well :) i've already followed you, it's your turn :)
http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

Ancia said...

Very nice!

Linda said...

Beautiful drawing!

♥ Linda

www.straatstijl.blogspot.com

Aurelia said...

lovely, you are very talented, following U, join me on FB or
http://everythingyoucanimagineisreal13.blogspot.com/

Roberto Fioravanti said...

Great post!
your blog is so cool :)
i hope you visit my blog
xoxo
R

Descontraidas said...

Gorgeous drawing,
thanks for the visit on my blog
xoxo

http://www.descontraidas.com

Riski Novianti said...

great blog! thank you for coming by my blog.. :D

Every Day Rachel said...

Such a pretty drawing! Now following.

http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

ChicToChic said...

Great drawings! These clothes are very very pretty, congrats!!
Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm very to follow each other!! Now I follow you with GFC, Facebook, Bloglovin', G+ and Twitter!
See you soon if you want! ^_^
ChicToChic
ChicToChic on Facebook
kiss,
Marta

BlueNail Girl said...

Love it!!!!!

<3

Kelinha said...

So nice =)
Of course we can follow each other ;)

Anna said...

thanks for your comment on my blog =)
wanna follow each other? -=)

jessica louro said...

your draws are really good, love it! thanks for the comment and I'm really gonna follow you :) xx

allie said...

beautiful!
tie-dye-eyes.blogspot.co.uk

Jen Kluftinger said...

Wow! You do some awesome work! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I agree, we should definitely follow each other :)

Jen
drawingsunderthetable.blogspot.com

Deborah D said...

Great blog dear,thanks for your comment!

FASHION REVIEW
FASHION REVIEW
FASHION REVIEW

Tess said...

Hi babe :) thx to have lived a comment on my blog! Your drawings are very good! I follow you, if you want follow me too and pass to visit me whenever you want :)
http://tessisanapple.blogspot.com/
XOXO
Tess.

Agatelka said...

Really impressive sketch. Nice blog ;)
Thanks for your comment. Hope you'll visit my blog again.
Kisses.

EMMA WunderBAR said...

sure i follo you, please follow back <3

Egejta said...

u are really talented.

www.alefazka.blogspot.com

Eni said...

you have such an interesting blog, I stared following ;)
follow back if you want I just saw your comment
bye

Kate L. said...

wow...love your design! The dress is amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Of course we can follow each other, I'm following you now. Please follow me back:) Have a nice day!

FASHION CAT
www.myfashioncat.com

Elisabeth said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! Lovely drawings!

xxx
E from Helsinki
http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

Mauro E. said...

love the design of the dress in the first picture :)
Great blog! What do you think of following each other?
WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Curly said...

this is really nice!
There is a collar giveaway on my blog :)
Curly

Deborah D said...

Love your blog dear,thanks for the comment,of course we can follow each other,let me know when you're done and I'll follow back I promise..

FASHION REVIEW
FASHION REVIEW
FASHION REVIEW