September 6, 2012

BEAUTIFUL POLENG GOWN FROM THE ISLAND OF GODS (BALI)♥

          Have you ever been gone to Bali? I am indonesian and never go to there yet. Hehe! :) But I already hear about the paradise echoing and rocking the world. Bali is one of places where you must visit on your list while coming to see Indonesia. The culture is either unique and pretty as pretty as the traditional fabric such as gringsing woven fabric, endek fabric and the one attracting my heart poleng fabric.
          Poleng fabric is a woven fabric in plaid motif which consists of only two color tones: black and white. According to Bali's tradition, this black and white poleng fabric is named by Rwa Bhineda saput poleng. The others saput poleng are saput poleng Sudhamala (in black, white and grey) and saput poleng Tridatu (in black, white and red). Eevry color composition has a deep meaning. In Rwa Bhineda's color, black (dark) and white (light) which is intensely  very contrast reflect dharma and adharma. They symbolize the clarity and the way they are. Rwa Bhineda is a world nature. World always undergoes two different situations, dark (night) - light (day), up - down, good - bad, etc. The two different colors or situations are different but can't be separated. Both are completing and filling each other to create harmony. The grey color as the transition from black to white color in saput poleng Sudhamala contains black and white elements at the same proportion. It means that grey aligns the symphony between dharma and adharma. Grey color also means that in a certain condition the bad and good elements have the same level. In saput poleng Tridatu, red means energy symbol, black means laziness and white means wisdom and goodness. Poleng fabric is very important in life of Hindu Bali's people. Even some of the puppets characters like Betara, Hanoman and Bima are always depicted wearing saput poleng Rwa Bhineda.
          In the pictures below, I design some of my creation and interpretation of saput poleng. I combine the fabric with flowers to beautify the dress. Share your thoughts! :)


P.S.: the pictures beside the design belong to google, doublew tumblr, Pandu Adnyana.

25 comments:

blondebenedicte said...

thanks & have a nice w/e :)!bisous x

Emilia Nita said...

Such a great post!<3
http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

Mary Kapsi said...

Great drawings!!


MaryFashionLove on Facebook
MaryFashionLove

Clo said...

Hi thanks for your lovely comment :) Your blog is co cute :) and if i will go to indonesia, I will go to Bali :)
Kiss Clo
http://latelierdelachouette.blogspot.it/

Syrious said...

gorgeous sketches
xoxo
Syriously in Fashion
Syriously Facebook Page

Le péché de Venus said...

Nice post! Love the drawings!
We'd love you to visit our blog! And if you like it please feel free to follow us!
lepechedevenus.blogspot.com
xoxo. A

GlamorousGirl said...

lovely inspiration!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Marina said...

intresting)

http://martelll.blogspot.com/

Greta Miliani said...

Amazing drawings

xoxo, G
In Moda Veritas Blog | Facebook | Bloglovin'

Kat said...

wow what an amazing illustration!! :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Inés said...

Thank you so much for your visit in my blog. Following you now. Follow wach other?
Kisses
Inés
http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

Fede said...

i've been in bali 2 years ago, it's fantastic, i'm totally in love with your country!!

http://www.iloveshoppingwithfede.com/

nourash! said...

sketchnya bagus banget ya ,

Ladyulia said...

oh my God, you are so talented.
I'm dying to skecth like you.
er... would you like to give some tutorial maybe.
lotsa friends trust my fashion taste, and they often ask me to sketch something for them.
But I don't know how to skecth properly.heheh
So, I just make it in a very abd way.heheh
I heart you :)

Francesca MyStrawberryNose said...

WOW!!!! your sketches are amazing!!!! i follow you dear! I hope you'll follow me too! ^_^

mystrawberrynose.blogspot.it

Britta said...

I was totally sold when I saw the name of your blog! macarons = the best thing in the world. I see you definitely do love to sketch! And you're very talented too. Such a beautifully dramatic dress

~Britta
www.vancouvervogue.blogspot.com

Alice said...

This is lovely post! So inspiring!

Greetings from Finland,

- Alice

http://stylist-diaries.blogspot./fi

AuL Howler said...

Very artistic and unique!

Anne said...

I've never been to Bali as well! But I would really love to!

eny said...

Amazing blog!!!!!
Would you like to follow each other?!! :)

http://eny-style.blogspot.com

curlsandfreckles Italia said...

beautiful pictures and drawings!!

NUOVO POST: http://curlsandfrecklescs.blogspot.it/2012/09/my-neverland-in-sicily-un-posto-dove.html
Simona

Claudia Paez said...

Omg you are so talented!! I love your drawings and the imagination you have is incredible...keep it up! :) Do you remember following my blog a while back, "Love Always, Mini"? Well I've recently changed to a new platform and would LOVE so email followers! I promise you will not get any spam :) Here is my link:

http://lovealwaysmini.com/

Happy blogging!!

Joy said...

Wow these drawings are lovely! Thank you for sharing your pics as well!

ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

Lucca Yoga said...

Christie yang pertama gue suka, keren abiz!

Marsela Christie said...

makazih yak qaqa!